What Kind Of Image Can Fog Take

• Hi there I am wondering what kind of image software I can use to image my computer that fog will take. Right now I am up in the air on what to use so I need to know what kind of . extensions I can use?

Thank You,
    MillerMan

• The Saga Continues :)
    I tried to open the xx.img.000 Files with Ubuntu’s default file extractor (file roller). Within it I see ‘xx.img’. From there it “An error occurred while extracting files” whenever I try to open, manipulate, etc…

Any help or ideas would be appreciated thanks guys!

• [quote=“Lee Smith, post: 5518, member: 384”]if you open the img like i tried doing in linux, it uses some kind of extractor, I know you can extract something out of there but I havn’t gone as far as looking into it, it can be extracted with linux though

hope this helps

Lee[/quote]
    @Lee
    Hey thanks Lee! Sounds silly but I’ve never used FOG in a GUI environment (with the exception of the web dash, of course.)
    Anyone know if it’s possible to do all this from the command line possibly a Tarball extract?

• if you open the img like i tried doing in linux, it uses some kind of extractor, I know you can extract something out of there but I havn’t gone as far as looking into it, it can be extracted with linux though

hope this helps

Lee

• Is there away to view data within the .img file or pull out data?

Fog creates its own image files from the clients that you upload. It doesn’t really accept pre-made image files from other software unless it’s the same software that Fog is using (partimage.)

• Hi,

When you have uploaded your image using FOG, it uploads usually into the same place as your images which is images/dev/

The name of the file will be called the mac address of the machine you have uploaded so you will need to rename it to nameofpc.img

thanks

Lee

• If you do not mind me asking Lee what software do you use to create your .img for your images? Oh and thank you for information.

• I use extension .img I rename the image once ive uploaded it to the server

don’t know any others but im sure someone will post others

thanks

Lee

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.