UNSOLVED Storage node issues (or not?)
- FOG Version: 1.3.5
- OS: CentOS 7.3 (master), 6.8 (storage)
The service master is happily capturing/applying images. There are no errors in the logs.
My issue is with my storage node:
- Node storage is not visible (blank, no pie chart)
- I created a new storage group ‘DUB’ and added this node to the ‘DUB’ group.
- In properties for the storage node, ‘Is master’ is unchecked.
- In the node’s /opt/fog/log/fogreplicator.log I see “Image replication is globally disabled”
- In properties of the single image I’m attempting to replicate, it’s associated with both ‘default’/service master and the new group ‘DUB’ mentioned above.
- Both ‘Image enabled’ and ‘Replicate?’ are both checked.
Should it be working at this point? Do I need to check ‘Is master’ while it’s in the new ‘DUB’ group?
Why am I seeing ‘replication is globally disabled’ in the node’s logs?
FOG will only replicate with storage nodes in its group. Each group must have a master FOG node, and then X number of storage nodes.
If your storage node is in a different storage group than your master FOG node no replication will happen.
Use the replication controls on the images to control what gets sent to the storage nodes from the master node.
You will probably want to use the location plugin to direct the appropriate clients to the storage node vs the master node.