FOG not renaming of joining to the domain
- FOG Version: 1.3.5-RC-10
- OS: Ubuntu
- Service Version:
- OS: windows 7 & 10
Having some issues with FOG not joining clients to the domain and not renaming them.
This just started it was working a few weeks ago when I started making new images but now it is not. Help please!
Here is the box I missed if anyone is following
This post is deleted!
@Tom-Elliott Thank you
@Tom-Elliott AHHHH I did not see that box! your are very sneaky sir… Very sneaky!
The “enforce” users item is a host specific setting.
It’s kind of a corrupt representation too.
Make sure the host has the setting defined. Not just by looking, but updating the host in question as well.
In the GUI goto Host->Edit the specific host->Active directory->Check the enforce box AND press to update.
The last part is important. The enforce checkbox selector is “defaulted” based on what’s set in the global settings if it’s not already set. I do plan to try correcting the behaviour, but figured it’d be good to know here as well.
YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE HOST, DO NOT JUST LOOK AND SAY OOOOO IT’S CHECKED. While it displays as such, it does not mean that it actually is set.
@Joe-Schmitt ok what the heck? I just logged off again and it joined the domain… I am so confused… lol
@ryan.mckenzie This is really weird, I just logged off the user and it renamed it but didn’t join to the domain…
@Joe-Schmitt I am getting this error in the fog.log
3/2032017 10:11 AM Client-Info Client Version: 0.11.10
3/2032017 10:11 AM Client-Info Client os: Windows
3/2032017 10:11 AM Client-Info Client Server Version: 1.3.5-RC-16
3/2032017 10:11 AM Middleware::Response Success
3/2032017 10:11 AM HostnameChanger Users Still logged in and enforce is disabled, delaying any further actions
Is this causing the issue? And why? I have checked the namechanger settings it is on…
@Joe-Schmitt ok I will make sure to download the new one, I thought I did, But I will do again and make sure
@ryan-mckenzie two things:
The legacy client is meant to be replaced with the new client, especially on Windows 10 due to security and compatibility reasons. We do not support the legacy client on Windows 10, nor will we. Infact we plan on discontinuing all support for the legacy client in the near future. We left compatibility in 1.3 simply to help people transition to the new client.
It says the module is disabled. So either the modules got disabled on the FOG server for that host, or there’s some bug in RC10
Here’s what I got. I see it says it is disabled on this host but I have it restarting after I run sysprep. It calls it to restart in my setupComplete.cmd
@Joe-Schmitt ok will do thanks
The first place to look for client issues is your c:\fog.log file on the problematic host.