1.3.5 RC13 Error in Fog script when attempting to expand partitions

• Server
    • FOG Version: 1.35.RC13
    Client
    • Service Version: 0.9.12
    Description

While deploying image, on expand/fill partitions phase the following error rises:
    "* Attempting to expand/fill partitions…awk: fatal: cannot open file ‘-v’ for reading (No such file or directory)"

• @Tom-Elliott Thank you very much. Updated to RC14 and working perfect.

• @Tom-Elliott Thanks!

• Senior Developer

I found this error last night and had already had it fixed in the working branch. Was hoping a good test with a couple of users who had 4k disks to test. I’ve pushed up RC-14 to fix this particular error.

• While they fix this bug in future releases, a workaround is to edit the file fogproject/src/buildroot/package/fog/scripts/usr/share/fog/lib/partition-funcs.sh and modify this line of code

local awkArgs="-v SECTOR_SIZE=$sectorsize CHUNK_SIZE=$chunksize -v MIN_START=$minstart"

with this one:

local awkArgs="-v SECTOR_SIZE=$sectorsize -v CHUNK_SIZE=$chunksize -v MIN_START=$minstart"

And then in fogproject/src do a “make install-inits”. That will recompile the init.xz and init_32.xz in your actual installation (/var/www/fog/service/ipxe) with this fix.

I have done it with my current installation and fixed the bug.

• @michelsantana Absolutely. That’s it.
    Sure Fog guys are going to get a fix soon.

• @Frank

Seems that the problem come from the script that call the function procsfdisk. In the definition (procsfdisk.awk) you can find:

# This is where it all begins (See->BEGIN) :)
    BEGIN {
        # Arguments - Use "-v var=val" when calling this script
        # CHUNK_SIZE;
        # MIN_START;

And in the script partition-funcs.sh, in the same directory, you can find that the call to the procsfdisk function:

local awkArgs="-v SECTOR_SIZE=$sectorsize CHUNK_SIZE=$chunksize -v MIN_START=$minstart"

# process with external awk script
        /usr/share/fog/lib/procsfdisk.awk $awkArgs $data

And as you can see, there is a missing “-v”. Perhaps that’s the problem.

• @Frank said in 1.3.5 RC13 Error in Fog script when attempting to expand partitions:

Server
    • FOG Version: 1.35.RC13
    Client
    • Service Version: 0.9.12
    Description

While deploying image, on expand/fill partitions phase the following error rises:
    "* Attempting to expand/fill partitions…awk: fatal: cannot open file ‘-v’ for reading (No such file or directory)"

It seem the problem is in fog.download.
    When executing /usr/share/fog/lib/procsfdisk.awk it lacks “-v” before “CHUNK_SIZE=512”

• Hello,

Same problem here (Server on CentOS 7). I have done a capture from a computer with a small disk and three partitions (30MB, 45GB and 29,4 GB) using FOG 1.3.5RC13 and when I try to deploy it to another computer with a bigger HD, have the same error.

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.