New storage node - sync not working

• Server
    • FOG Version: 1.3.4
    Description

I have installed a storage node following the instructions on the wiki. All looks fine as far as I can see, but no sync is happening. I am receiving the following error in both the Image Replicator and Snapin Replicator logs:

[02-07-17 10:49:37 am] * Type: 8, File: /var/www/html/fog/lib/fog/fogbase.class.php, Line: 841, Message: Undefined index: storagegroupID, Host: 10.5.147.249, Username: fog

I have double checked the storage node settings on the master server, including ensuring the password is correct. What am I missing?

• Developer

@Tony-Ayre

Thank you very much, This may help someone in the future with a similar issue ;)

I appreciate you taking the time to explain your issue and your resolution!

• @Jaymes-Driver

Absolutely. Our 2 servers are in different schools, with an IPSec VPN in between. I am currently building a new network consisting of a single domain across all schools, but have to maintain the existing multi-domain setup.

On my firewall, I hadn’t allowed each side to use the other side from my new IP address range. Allowing this on the firewall resolved the issue.

Simply put - the 2 servers were unable to route to each other - there was no route between them.

I would say a good solution might be for the replication services to give an error stating that the server can’t be contacted though.

• Developer

@Tony-Ayre Would you mind elaborating on the issue, so if others have this issue, they will have a resolution?

• Ah, figured it out. It was a routing issue between the 2 servers.

It may be worth providing a user friendly error in the log if the master can’t connect with the storage node.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.