Join Multicast Image problem : No session found with that name

• Server
    • FOG Version: 1.3.0- RC-14
    Client
    • Service Version:
    Description

Testing different ways to clone using multicast method…
    I created a multicast image session under image settings in UI:

Session Name	test
    Client Count	2
    Timeout (minutes) 5	
    Select Image testimage

Then:

first client -> selected Join to multicast session in fog menu, asked for my credentials, then inserted test to multicast session name, the first client begins the process and wait at Starting to Restore image (-) to device (/dev/sda2)

second client -> the same procedure, but when inserted test it returns No session found with that name .

After this, if i go to UI, there´s no Active Multi-cast Tasks and no Multicast Image, only active task for the first client is listed.

I’m using it the right way or is this a problem in my setup?
    Thanks

• @Wayne-Workman Both on the same switch, tested with another computers (it’s a lab with 20) and always the second returns No session found with that name.
    If i do multicast via groups, it works with no problems.
    I can use it creating a multicast group and join all the computers that i need to deploy.
    Just curious to see if any other has the same problem… :)

Are both on the same switch? Try a new patch cable with the problematic one. Also, try the other method of multicasting to the same two computers - from the GUI via groups.

• Senior Developer

I’m unable to replicate the issue. This does not mean the issue is not present, just that I’ve tested this with 2 clients, and a 2 minute timeout, and things seem to be working properly.

Of course I’m always on the ‘latest’ so it’s possible I fixed something that was wrong unknowningly?.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.