Snapin upload replaces . (dot) with _ (underscore)

• In FOG 1.3.0 RC2, when a new snapin is being created, the filename of the file that is uploaded is being changed: The . (dot) is being replaced by _ (underscore). See the attached screenshot showing the result of uploading the file “test.cmd”. Is there some php configuration change I need to make to resolve this, or could this be a bug that needs squashing?

0_1469602598732_Schermafbeelding 2016-07-27 om 08.52.59.png

• Great! Thank you!

• Senior Developer

I’ve moved this thread to bug reports and solved so people are aware that this was unintentional and is fixed in the working branch.

• Senior Developer

This shouldn’t pose any serious impacts, though I suppose Windows won’t auto run because it doesn’t know how to handle the file.

I’ve fixed the dot being replaced with _ and the fix will be available for when RC-5 releases.

In the meantime, you can update the files replaced with their respective forms. For .cmd or .bat files I believe you’d want to use the Batch file template (as it will call the script using the cmd.exe executable.)

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.