SOLVED How to connect to PCs on the network to the FOG server?
I got the FOG server up and running. I added a PC and entered it’s MAC address. Now what? I saw on GitHub that there is a fog-client. Do I need to install this on the PC I’m trying to connect to? It is a WinXP machine and I want to create an image to deploy it to all the other PCs in our network but I’m still unclear on how to do this. I know there must be a Wiki page with the steps that I need to take. Can anyone help me find it?
Great thanks I’ll give it a try.
There is a wiki page for beginners, let me see if I can find it.
But in general what you need to do is this
- Setup the fog server with a static ip address
- Configure dhcp options 66 and 67 to point to your fog server boot files
- PXE boot your target computer
- From the FOG iPXE menu register the target computer.
Now in your case you want to do this in addition
5. Create a new image registration
6. On the manually registered host you created before change the image to that new image you just registered
7. Then save the settings and go to basic tasks (on the left) and select Capture task and have the machine shutdown when capture is done.