How to connect to PCs on the network to the FOG server?
I got the FOG server up and running. I added a PC and entered it’s MAC address. Now what? I saw on GitHub that there is a fog-client. Do I need to install this on the PC I’m trying to connect to? It is a WinXP machine and I want to create an image to deploy it to all the other PCs in our network but I’m still unclear on how to do this. I know there must be a Wiki page with the steps that I need to take. Can anyone help me find it?
Great thanks I’ll give it a try.
There is a wiki page for beginners, let me see if I can find it.
But in general what you need to do is this
- Setup the fog server with a static ip address
- Configure dhcp options 66 and 67 to point to your fog server boot files
- PXE boot your target computer
- From the FOG iPXE menu register the target computer.
Now in your case you want to do this in addition
- Create a new image registration
- On the manually registered host you created before change the image to that new image you just registered
- Then save the settings and go to basic tasks (on the left) and select Capture task and have the machine shutdown when capture is done.