Image boots but with Windows Installer Error Message

• So I got my image to boot without sysprep and unattend.xml But when I sys prep and include the unattend file the image transfers to a client and the client starts going through it’s OOBE set up and I get this message,

“Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resume configuration, restart the computer.”

If I click OK, it just shuts down. If I reboot, it just does the same thing.

I’m completely new to Fog, I only know how to upload and deploy images.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks- Jack

This happened to me when I tried to use any location other than %systemroot%\system32\sysprep\ as the location of the unattend.xml file and I don’t use the full path when calling sysprep from the comman line. usually my sysprep call looks like
    [CODE]C:\Windows>%systemroot%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:%systemroot%\system32\sysprep\unattend.xml[/CODE]

• Defiantly a sysprep issue. Double check the .xml

You could also build your image in a VM setting for quick testing and replication.

–ssx–

• Windows 7 I assume? I would say there is a bad configuration somewhere in the unattend.xml file. I had this happen whenever I experiment with different options in the unattend.xml file I made for sysprep. I can’t tell you exactly what it could be, all I could offer is that you try and take out any elaborate options in the unattend.xml that do more “complex” things during sysprep one at a time and see how the system reacts.

If you need some help, I would recommed this site : [url]http://theitbros.com/sysprep-a-windows-7-machine-–-start-to-finish[/url]

I used that as a template to build my unattend.xml file.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.