FOG Build 7180 on CentOS7.2 in VirtualBox5 with Shared Folder as /images
How to gurus?
- Virtual Machine is built in Oracle VirtualBox 5.
- Created a Shared Folder “images” in the VBox VM and pointed it to a local folder “C:\VirtualBox\images” on the Host OS (Windows).
- CentOS 7.2 is installed to VM.
- The folder /images is created in the VM in order to …
- Install FOG build 7180. (if /images didn’t already exist, installer fails at setting up NFS)
- no biggie, /images can be moved easily enough.
I want to use that VBox Shared Folder “images” as my /images folder inside FOG instead of /images inside the CentOS VM.
I’m working my way towards what I think will be the answer, but I’m not there yet. I’m hoping someone here may know the 100% answer?
p.s there are further details surrounding GuestAdditions etc, that I will detail tomorrow from work.
The Linux kernel will not export a directory that is already exported. So if the FOG VM sees that directory as a share and not local, it won’t be able to re-export it.
Would you want to give a Windows based storage node a shot? Why not a bare metal FOG Storage Node? Why do you not want the images on the VM, exactly? Maybe we can give you a better alternative for your motivations?
Oh I have other solutions alright, but it is THIS nut that I’m hoping to crack.
So yer right.
Mounting the shared folder is easy enough, but NFS wants a block device with a file system, which a directory is not.
Back to an attached .vhd I go.