FOG 1.3.0 and UEFI

• Hello All,

I have recently upgraded to FOG 1.3.0 and so it is great! Does have any advice on booting a UEFI device and imaging it? Which .efi file have others been using? Any gotchas or tripping points with this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Anthony

• @george1421

Sorry for the long delay I have been swamped with other project. Thank you for getting back with me and the link to the guide. I will look into possibly upgrading that server to 2012. Thank you again for all of your assistance, it really is appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony

@atarone Unfortunately, with 2008 dhcp server you are out of luck. If you have a 2012 dhcp server you can follow the instructions found here: https://wiki.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php?title=BIOS_and_UEFI_Co-Existence

This guide does not work with 2008 dhcp server.

• Hi George1421,

Thank you for getting back to me. I am version 7013 of the trunk. The machine I will be testing on is Dell Latitiude E5440, but I will be having a mix of UEFI and BIOS boot devices in our environment and we will be running a Windows Server 2008R2 DHCP server. Please advise the recommended way implement this.

Thanks,

Anthony

Lets flip this around a bit.

What version of fog are you on? The trunk build has a revision number in the cloud. What is that 4 digit number?

What device are you trying to uefi boot. Manufacturer and model.

The default uefi file I would start with is snponly.efi

Do you have a mix of bios and uefi systems you want to pxe boot? If you are also running 2012 dhcp server or a linux dhcp server there is some settings you can adjust to make your life a bit easier when trying to pxe boot both environments.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.