Failed to mount '/dev/sda1': input/output eror

• Hello there,
    I’ve been trying to reimage one of our rooms yesterday evening. I looks like the image deploy task fails after 2% and the machines restart. The error I get:

$MFTMirr does not match $MFT (record 0).
    Failed to mount ’ dev/sda1’: Input/output error
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#333333]NTFS is either inconsistent, or there is a hardware fault, or it’s a[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#333333]SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on Windows[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#333333]then reboot into Windows twice. The usage of the /f parameter is very[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#333333]important! If the device is a SoftRAID/FakeRAID then first activate[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#333333]it and mount a different device under the /dev/mapper/ directory, (e.g.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#333333]/dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabcc1). Please see the ‘dmraid’ documentation[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#333333]for more details.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#333333]unmount: can’t unmount /ntfs: Invalid argument[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#333333]Done[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#333333]*Updating Computer Database Status[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#333333]*Database Updated![/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#333333]*Task complete, computer will now restart[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#333333]/#[/COLOR][/FONT]

• Are other machines getting their images OK?
    Have you tried rebooting the server?
    Do you have a storage node set up?

• Unfortunately the results were the same… I have imaged these machine in the past a few times, never ever had any problems with them. Also I have tried to deploy a different image to these machines and had the same result so I don’t think the image itself has become corrupt.
    As a different imaging solution I use Symantec Ghost, and I had to use it yesterday to get the machines reimaged. However I would like to stick to Fog as it’s soo much easier to use and I get better transfer speed with FOG.

• I assume the results were the same?
    Have you ikmaged these machines in the past with no problems?
    I have had some machines that upload the image to the server no problem, but when it comes to deploying the image it fails.
    In this situation I re-create an image using True Image & then use True Image to deploy it. More work, but gets over the issue.

• I’ve tried deploying another image to the same machine. Also I’ve tried the same image onto another type of the machine

• Are you sure that the FOG image is OK & has not become corrupt?

• All of the machines

• Is this error on one machine or all machines?
    I had an error like this & found that the HDD on the client machine had gone faulty.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.