Wipe And Restore

• HI!

Can i automating FOG for Wipe and Restore a image file automatically.

I mean… when i wipe hard drive Fog open automatically images restore.

Sorry about my English. :)

@Nika Just create a root crontab that checks the tasks table every minute. The crontab starts a script that checks the tasks table for tasks that have taskTypeID 18, 19 or 20 where taskStateID is 1, 2 or 3. If it sees that, it should insert an imaging task using the same detected taskHostID with the taskID properly incremented as well.

If that doesn’t work, then the init needs modified.

• @Wayne-Workman can you show me how i can do it please ? i need this .

@Nika Not yet. I didn’t get around to trying. But it can be done.

• @Wayne-Workman so? is solution?

Bumping this thread… I’m planning on working on this tomorrow night.

• @Wayne-Workman thank you. i hope it will work.

I’m just going to use this thread to jot down some notes while I work on this. It should be very simple though.

This is what an instant deployment full-wipe task looks like in FOG 1.2.0

+--------+----------+---------------------+---------------------+------------+-------------+--------------+-----------+------------------------+------------+------------+---------+-----------------+-------------------+----------------+-----------------+---------------+----------------+-----------------+-----------------+------------------+---------------+--------------+
    | taskID | taskName | taskCreateTime      | taskCheckIn         | taskHostID | taskStateID | taskCreateBy | taskForce | taskScheduledStartTime | taskTypeID | taskPCT    | taskBPM | taskTimeElapsed | taskTimeRemaining | taskDataCopied | taskPercentText | taskDataTotal | taskNFSGroupID | taskNFSMemberID | taskNFSFailures | taskLastMemberID | taskPassreset | taskShutdown |
    +--------+----------+---------------------+---------------------+------------+-------------+--------------+-----------+------------------------+------------+------------+---------+-----------------+-------------------+----------------+-----------------+---------------+----------------+-----------------+-----------------+------------------+---------------+--------------+
    |      2 |          | 2016-01-13 22:31:16 | 0000-00-00 00:00:00 |          1 |           1 | wayne        | 0         | 0000-00-00 00:00:00    |         20 | 0000000000 |         |                 |                   |                |                 |               |              0 |               0 |                 |                0 |               |              |

This is what an instant deployment image task looks like in FOG 1.2.0

| taskID | taskName | taskCreateTime      | taskCheckIn         | taskHostID | taskStateID | taskCreateBy | taskForce | taskScheduledStartTime | taskTypeID | taskPCT    | taskBPM | taskTimeElapsed | taskTimeRemaining | taskDataCopied | taskPercentText | taskDataTotal | taskNFSGroupID | taskNFSMemberID | taskNFSFailures | taskLastMemberID | taskPassreset | taskShutdown |
    |      3 |          | 2016-01-13 22:40:27 | 0000-00-00 00:00:00 |          1 |           1 | wayne        | 0         | 0000-00-00 00:00:00    |          1 | 0000000000 |         |                 |                   |                |                 |               |              1 |               1 |                 |                0 |               |              |

So considering the above information, we need to check the tasks table for tasks that have taskTypeID 18, 19 or 20 where taskStateID is 1, 2 or 3.

When this is seen, the taskHostID needs noted. When the task disappears, a new imaging task needs created using the image assigned to the host.

I did do a full wipe just for testing - after the wiping is started, the taskStateID does not change. Perhaps @Tom-Elliott can see if that’s the case in the current FOG trunk, and if so, hopefully get that fixed before 1.3.0 release. I assume the taskStateID gets set to 4 when it gets done but I’m not sure, I didn’t wait for it to finish.

I’ll do more testing Friday night to see if an added task will work when there’s already a current task. If it works, awesome. If not, we will need to edit the wipe tasks I suppose, which means editing the 1.2.0 init.

• @Wayne-Workman OH Cool. thank you very much.

@Nika I just don’t have time at the moment (I’m at work). I can look at it tonight.

• @Wayne-Workman who can i contact if you have not time ?

This can be automated on the backend with a crontab event without editing any of FOG’s files. I don’t have time at this very moment to mess with it, but it can be done.

• Version FOG 1.2.0

it’s true all partitions are deleted but not data, with recovery software i can restore some files.

So i need to WIPE and restore.

When FOG restores an image, all previous partitions are deleted. Are you sure that wiping is necessary?

What version of FOG are you using?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.