FOG CLIENT

• When I Install the fog client on my client machines they are not reporting back to my server. I need them to report their Hostname and mac address to my server. What do I need to do?

• Same here

• Also interested in an answer for this!

• was there ever an answer to this?

• @jjdlc, post: 2753, member: 877 said:

I just recently took over an organization with over 600 computers, and am looking at FOG to handle imaging. I was excited at the prospect of using a GPO to push the client to each machine and then have them auto register. Then I find out it isn’t working. I’ve done a bunch of reading and it looks like up until .28 it was, but in .29 they disabled the functionality for some reason and haven’t re-enabled it. I looked through the source code for .28 and .32, and it looks like they started updating hostregister.dll but haven’t finished it. Manually registering 600 computers is a daunting task. One thing I’ve thought about doing, is maybe installing .28 getting everything registered and then upgrading to .32 since I need support for Windows 7.

GARRGHH!!! I just promised my boss I can push the client out to existing computers and get an inventory. Now I’m going to look like a boob. Oh well, wouldn’t be the first time…

I have a similar application for this feature. Installing .28 sounds like an interesting idea.
    I wonder also if it’s possible to only use the .dll from .28 or simply some of the code from .28 which makes the registration work automatically…

• I just recently took over an organization with over 600 computers, and am looking at FOG to handle imaging. I was excited at the prospect of using a GPO to push the client to each machine and then have them auto register. Then I find out it isn’t working. I’ve done a bunch of reading and it looks like up until .28 it was, but in .29 they disabled the functionality for some reason and haven’t re-enabled it. I looked through the source code for .28 and .32, and it looks like they started updating hostregister.dll but haven’t finished it. Manually registering 600 computers is a daunting task. One thing I’ve thought about doing, is maybe installing .28 getting everything registered and then upgrading to .32 since I need support for Windows 7.

• Yes please someone answer this as I am having the same issue.

Edit:
    I looked at my system (one that will not register) and I found this line in the fog.log:

FOG::HostRegister Exiting because only 1 mac address was found.

I’m not sure what this means or how to fix but I am seeing this on all that will not register.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.