Fog web login shows weird text characters?

• So I’m in the middle of trying to set up a new fog server so I can take the old one down and I came across something strange. When I go to login to the web interface there are random currupted looking characters at the bottom of the screen. Thinking that something went wrong with fog I decided to follow the steps fog has for uninstalling and would reinstall. I did that but they are still there. I have no idea what is going on. I don’t feel safe continuing to use it that way as something isn’t right.! I’m okay with blowing fog completely away in any shape or form but I really don’t want to have to reinstall ubuntu as I just transfered a bunch of images over. fogissue.png

• Developer

i’ve only seen the “garbage” when viewing the web interface on a mobile device. never impacted functionality. i don’t think they show up on anything newer than the past year in trunk versions of fog

• @Tom-Elliott Just did a brand new reinstall of Ubuntu 14.04 and same issue. I’m just going to take your word for it that it isn’t anything critical and continue. If there is a way to “fix” what ever it may be please let me know.

• @Tom-Elliott Version 1.2.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. I knew there were some issues with FOG on that version of Ubuntu but I just decided to try it. I don’t think this is the issue though that people were seeing.

• Senior Developer

What version of fog?

Those characters aren’t anything bad. They’re being displayed most likely because your server is running a gzip compression. The parts it can’t properly decompress will come through with those characters.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.