SVN 3713 AD Issue

• I’ve updated to the latest SVN to try and fix some other issues, however it seems to have stopped AD from working with Fog. I just tried to rename a machine (also using the newest FOG Client on this machine).

The computer auto-reboots and renames appropriately, however it gives a Trust Relationship error indicating the computer name cant be found. What happens is that it doesnt update the name in Active Directory. I have fog rename the machine back to the old name, and it works again.

Here is the fog.log file:

7/7/2015 11:44 AM Middleware::Communication Response: Success
    7/7/2015 11:44 AM Middleware::Communication URL: http://MYFOGIPADDRESS/fog/service/hostname.php?moduleid=hostnamechanger&mac=MYPCSMACADDRESS|&newService=1
    7/7/2015 11:44 AM Middleware::Communication Response: Success
    7/7/2015 11:44 AM HostnameChanger Checking Hostname
    7/7/2015 11:44 AM HostnameChanger Hostname is correct
    7/7/2015 11:44 AM HostnameChanger Registering host with active directory
    7/7/2015 11:44 AM HostnameChanger ERROR: Required Domain Joining information is missing
    7/7/2015 11:44 AM HostnameChanger Activing host with product key

ERROR: Required Domain Joining information is missing obviously means something is missing, but I dont know what. All of the fields are filled in.

• Yes. Nothing has changed except the upgrade of fog. Now I’m currently using the Domain Admin account to ensure that it has permissions needed.

Does the user you have configured in your FOG AD settings have permission to delete and rename AD objects?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.