Unable to detect Red Hat 6.6 during install

• I am now getting errors during installation of the SVN trunk on a Red Hat 6.6 system. I found that $linuxReleaseName and $OSVersion are not being set correctly in bin/.install.sh

Here are the files and contents that those variables depend on.

[root@clstfogi ~]# ls -ld /etc/*release*
    -rw-r--r--. 1 root root  152 Jun 17 10:42 /etc/lsb-release
    drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4096 Jun 17 10:42 /etc/lsb-release.d
    -rw-r--r--. 1 root root   55 Sep 15  2014 /etc/redhat-release
    lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root   14 Jun 17 10:41 /etc/system-release -> redhat-release
    -rw-r--r--. 1 root root   49 Sep 15  2014 /etc/system-release-cpe
    [root@clstfogi ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 (Santiago)

If you notice that both the name is being set as ‘Red’, not Redhat. And the version is coming from an incorrect file (/etc/lsb-release). What I did was to add the check for Red and set the correct values:

else
            linuxReleaseName=`cat /etc/system-release 2>/devnull | head -n1 | awk '{print $1}'`;
        if [[ "$linuxReleaseName" == "Red" ]]; then
            linuxReleaseName="Redhat";
            OSVersion=`awk -F'[^0-9]*' /[Rr]elease*\([^.]*\).*/'{print $2}' /etc/redhat-release | head -n1`
        fi
    fi

I did not check this into the SVN because I had to change the /etc/release to /etc/system-release. I guess that we need to do another check like the /etc/os-release for the /etc/system-release link before falling through to the default one.

• Works okay in fog version 3642

• Senior Developer

@tmerrick I’ve made more adjustments. Can you please test and let me know how you make out?

• Here are the values assigned on the 3619 SVN:

linuxReleaseName = LSB_VERSION=base-4.0-amd64:base-4.0-noarch:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch:graphics-4.0-amd64:graphics-4.0-noarch:printing-4.0-amd64:printing-4.0-noarch
    OSVersion =

The current fix does not work as the /etc/<star>release<star> pulls up unwanted files.

• Here is the whole paragraph that should be production ready. I think that it will work with Centos too. I basically added the code from the elif to the else.

if [ -f "/etc/os-release" ]; then
            linuxReleaseName=`sed -n 's/^NAME=\(.*\)/\1/p' /etc/os-release | tr -d '"'`;
        OSVersion=`sed -n 's/^VERSION_ID=\([^.]*\).*/\1/p' /etc/os-release | tr -d '"'`;
    elif [ -f "/etc/system-release" ]; then
        linuxReleaseName=`cat /etc/system-release 2>/dev/null | head -n1 | awk '{print $1}'`;
        if [[ "$linuxReleaseName" == "Red" ]]; then
            linuxReleaseName="Redhat";
        fi
        OSVersion=`awk -F'[^0-9]*' /[Rr]elease*\([^.]*\).*/'{print $2}' /etc/system-release | head -n1`
    else
        linuxReleaseName=`cat /etc/*release* 2>/dev/null | head -n1 | awk '{print $1}'`;
    fi

I agree.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.