FOG 3396 High CPU utilization when auto update is running on the Active Tasks page.

• Debian 7.8 on a VM with one Xeon 2.66 processor and 1GB of memory assigned. (Is that to little of resources?)
    FOG 3396 release.
    I was running .32 and didn’t run into resource issues, but bigger and better functionality often requires more resources.

I typically image a lab of 30 machines at a time. If I’m watching their progress on Active Tasks the master’s CPU utilization goes to about 80%. As soon as I pause it, it drops to about 8%. I don’t send images from the master, only my two storage nodes, I let the master handle all the management stuff.

How can I help troubleshoot this or is this expected?

I run FOG in a VM with 4 cores assigned, and 4 gigs of ram assigned.

I never see the CPU utilization go above 12% ish.

I’ll add that I had accidentally assigned 1 core recently on a new build (just forgot to set that) and ended up installing 32 bit Fedora 21 server. Just the web functionality was so slow, it was unacceptable. I ended up rebuilding after assigning the normal 4 cores, and all is well.

That’s just my experience.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.