Image Upload Not Working

• Hello everyone, first time user/poster.

I have set up a FOG server (on an Ubuntu 11.04 box) in a call center environment. My hosts can connect to the server through PXE boot but I have not been able to perform a successful image upload. I have scheduled the upload on the server and rebooted the host, it will go into an upload script but will not result in a successful upload.

The upload results in a blue screen that states “restoring mbr…done”, “waiting for disk to settle…done”, and “re-sizing ntfs…done”. After these three messages, the computer reboots without an upload. I am attempting a single-partition ntfs upload. Windows XP with FOG 0.32.

Things I have tried to resolve the issue:
    -Running the FOG client service on the host PC
    -Re-sizing the partition to the minimum size (leaving the rest of the disk unallocated)
    -Uploading using the multiple-partition image option. This results in an upload status bar that reads 0% before the computer reboots.
    -Running chkdsk on the host

I suspect that the issue may have something to do with the MBR but I do not know what exactly. I have a beginner to intermediate knowledge/experience of Linux so any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

• As an update, we have decided to install FOG on our dedicated Ubuntu server and we just got in a a clean copy of Windows XP (an install disk not from HP, Dell, etc.). So the plan is to get FOG up on the new machine and the build a fresh image from scratch. This should hopefully resolve any odd ball issues that were preventing an upload.

• have you installed the OS from a CD ?

• Thank you for your reply,

When I try to use the single-partition option, it will show no status bar and almost immediately reboot with a “task complete” notification. When I attempt the upload as a multiple-partition image, it will briefly show a status bar (0%), then it will reboot with a “task complete” notification.

• I had this issue before, is it uploading if you use the Multiple-Partition Boot ? If im not mistaken it must work and you are corrrect it wont show the Status bar im not sure why, but if you using Single partition the status bar does work

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.