Images directory on LVM

• Hello… has anyone had their images directory mounted on a LVM? I am not sure if it is a bug or perhaps something else but when I had my /images directory as part of a LVM once the upload of the image hit 2GB, it would stop with an write error and reboot the client. Yesterday I reformatted my hard drive on the server, and created /images outside of the LVM and it worked fine…

• Ahh okay… Will do :) thanks for the suggestion.

• [quote=“Btheman, post: 3108, member: 683”]I used the same filesystem after reformatting of ext3 and it worked. Well if I try using LVM for the /images directory again I will try to work through it.[/quote]

I strongly suggest using ext4 instead of ext3!

• I used the same filesystem after reformatting of ext3 and it worked. Well if I try using LVM for the /images directory again I will try to work through it.

• Should work with LVM. I assume your error lies in the filesystem options. Maybe the wrong fs or no large file support active?

• [quote=“chad-bisd, post: 2891, member: 18”]I’m using Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS, updated, with Fog 0.32. I have a raid array of 6 drives, raid 5, in a logical disk presented to the system. I use LVM for all my partitions (/boot, /, swap, and /images). I have no issues with images such as this (49.8GB is largest image I have). This setup is about 3 months old now (new hardware).[/quote]

Thank you for the reply. Good to know it should work under a LVM. I just don’t understand why it was failing part way through the image upload to the server.

This post is deleted!

I’m using Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS, updated, with Fog 0.32. I have a raid array of 6 drives, raid 5, in a logical disk presented to the system. I use LVM for all my partitions (/boot, /, swap, and /images). I have no issues with images such as this (49.8GB is largest image I have). This setup is about 3 months old now (new hardware).

• Wow no replies. Anybody??

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.