Windows 8.1 - Rename and Join Domain with some Clones

• Hi!

I have a problem with some cloned clients (windows 8.1). I use sysprep with unattend.xml.
    My problem is:

• Some clones are not renaming and joining domain.
    • When i rename them manually and join them later i think the fogserver does a unjoin and renames them back to e.g. HLWHLW-0VBF8033
    • they have identical hardware

• i have virtualbox installed (therefore there is a second network adapter)
      FOG Version: SVN 2505
      OS Version: Ubuntu 14.04.1

Clients: Windows 8.1

Can someone help me?

mysql entry for pc:

hosts: “47”,“e3-d4c9eff2de4a”,“Created by FOG Reg on October 3, 2014, 12:26 pm\ne3-türreihe1-pc-rechts”,"",“7”,“0”,“2014-10-03 12:26:09”,“2014-10-30 10:10:42”,“FOGREG”,“1”,“HLWSP.HLWSPITTAL.AT”,"",“lehreru”,“fake”,"","","","","",“0”

hostmac: “194”,“47”,“d4:c9:ef:f2:de:4a”,"",“1”,“0”,“0”,“0”

• Now I am on svn2547.
    After upgrading from 1.2 no clients is renamed and can join.
    Client log is attached.

Please help!

• Tried it today but no reaction.
    in an old version (1.2) i tried to download all snapins (had none) and sometimes the computer was renamed and joined the domain. Is there a possibility to do this in the svn version (have installed 2547 today)? Because in the new version the systems says: There are no snapins.

Is it possible to get the old clients (fog.log) logs after reboot?

thanks michael

• Senior Developer

I don’t know what the problem is.

From the looks of it, the module’s aren’t behaving properly.

Have you tried removing all the service settings, then readding them?

• Is it possible to review my request?
    Can i send further information?

Thanks for help in advance

• Developer

rereading your issue, i may have been wrong. the fix was implemented in 2497, so if you’re running 2505 you already have it. sorry

• thanks, will send a response after testing.

• Developer

this may be an issue caused by the virtualbox network adapter. as it is software based and on the base image, all of these machines have a second network adapter with the same mac address. if this is the cause, a fix is implemented in the SVN trunk

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.