FOG AD Joining Query

• I’m just running through the initial deployment of FOG and had a question about how it handles the AD Joining - specifically whether the FOG process does the actual joining or whether it simply lines up/slipstreams scripts that mean the machine itself does the join after imaging.

I’m weighing up the pros and cons of running FOG on my company network or whether I just need to create a self-contained network with FOG running on an old computer with a GE switch connecting it to X number of machines to push images too, saving the main network from getting hammered.

performance can depend on a great many things.

I run fog in a VM, and I can throw data out at speeds where I can image a PCs in 10-15 mins. multiple at a time.

• Fair enough, I’ve obviously got no frame of reference for performance so I wanted to check. Thanks…

the client gets the workstation to join.

I wouldn’t bother with a dedicated network… are you imaging that often or your network so slow that imaging would hurt it?

much more bother having to pickup a PC and take it to the other network.

I’ve got 150+ machines and not had problems relating to the network. just some really brand new machines not liking booting anything except windows 8…

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.