Cloning FOG servers

• I’d like to clone a FOG server (without images in it) and deploy it just like I do a Windows image. I have probably 10-15 FOG servers, almost all Ubuntu 10.04 and FOG 0.29 throughout various remote locations and building new ones from scratch every time seems silly considering this is an awesome cloning solution. I have a bunch of identical retired Dell 755 desktops with big hard drives so hardware differences wouldn’t be an issue. I know I’d have to make some minor config changes with IP’s, etc but I can’t find anywhere that this is discussed. How to do this? Thanks in advance and I apologize if I’ve missed something simple. I did notice the Linux image type, maybe that’s my answer?

• Developer

you may want to look into the location plugin for your situation

• Guess I could be more familiar with the product. We’re no experts but we can create a FOG server that works so we’ve just gone with what was simple and worked up to now, avoiding cross-subnet and WAN traffic at all costs. Would storage nodes really help in this situation since we don’t have a need to replicate anything to the master node or to any other node? Every location is a school with widely varying image requirements. I’d say between ALL our locations we probably have 40-50 different images, too much for any one repository.

• Hi,

on the destination machine just delete fogsettings file an rerun setup,
    i recommend to make an image without fog allready installed just a clean ubuntu then you install fog on it.

A storage node (S) just need fog master ip and sql password.

Regards X23

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.