Updated from .32 to 1.1.0 - Won't let me create deployment task.

• [LIST]
    []Built a .32 test server.
    [
    ]Did a usb sneakernet of two .32 images from a known working server.
    []Did a Full inventory on an ‘unknown system’ and assigned it an image.
    [
    ]Deployed image without error to system.
    [*]Performed update to 1.1.0
    [/LIST]
    Going to the Image under Image Management, I associated the image with the correct OS version.

Went to the host, and tried to initiate a deployment task, and encountered the error attached. I’ve attached a screen grab of the image management screen, as well as the host management screen.

What did I miss??

[ATTACH=full]934[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]935[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]936[/ATTACH]

[url="/_imported_xf_attachments/0/934_Unable.png?:"]Unable.png[/url][url="/_imported_xf_attachments/0/935_host.png?:"]host.png[/url][url="/_imported_xf_attachments/0/936_image.png?:"]image.png[/url]

• Thank you for the information. I did a 3rd option not realizing that you had responded. I re-copied the image from backup to the server, and it worked ok. I did not verify or check the image path prior to doing this. It could well be that the path got a bit mixed up. Regardless, the test worked.

Now onto doing the upgrade on the production server! I’ll keep your information for any other ‘uh oh’ situations I might have.
    Thanks! :)

• Testers

I had an identical problem in similar circumstances, check that the “Image Path” matches the actual directory path on the disk of your fog server, in my case I had changed a “w” to a “W” in the on disk filename so fog wasn’t finding it.

Before I noticed this mistake in my case I fixed it in a hackish way which might also work for you: Basically I tried to trick fog into thinking that the image had already been deployed by doing this

[LIST=1]
    []cp -rp /images/LHSLenovoTC7373AMU64Bit /images/LHSLenovoTC7373AMU64Bit-old
    [
    ]Upload of whatever was on the client into LHSLenovoTC7373AMU64Bit
    []cp -rp /images/LHSLenovoTC7373AMU64Bit-old /images/LHSLenovoTC7373AMU64Bit
    [
    ]Download of the actual image onto the client
    [/LIST]
    I’m sure there are better ways of doing this, but it worked for me.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.