Fog 1.0.1 and Ubuntu 14.04 joining domain problems
Maybe somebody can help me out with something I’m missing, but I can’t get my clients to auto join the domain after an image, they are not being captured joined to the domain and have made sure it is not in AD
I have used FOGCrypt and changed the .ini previous before encrypting and generating the password
I have entered all the credentials in the FOG System Settings > Active Directory Defaults properly
the log on the client often shows the error “… Padding is invalid”
I am able to change the client name, just can’t get it to join the domain… Any help is appreciated
Ok, I on a whim created a new user in AD with sole purpose of joining computers to AD, re-encrypted a new password and it appears to have resolved the issue.
Can’t thank you guys enough for the help and the amazing software
I tried all that yesterday as noted in my first post, the .ini file, made sure it wasn’t in AD already, and were not previously joined to the domain, and checked all of the global and client service settings
I also tried manually forcing it to the OU instead of leaving it blank for default
still getting the 1326
darkxeno last edited by
also just to put my 2 cents in i found that in Fog 1.0.1 that if you just use your usename and not youdomain\username it works unlink in fog 0.32 i had to use yourdomial\username
Ok, trying the Automatic (Delayed Start) I know when I installed the service piece I installed it “for Everyone”
I think we’re getting closer though, it’s showing a new error in the log “Domain Error! (‘Unknown Error’ Code: 1326)”
you might try setting the fog service on the client to delayed start
also, some people have had trouble if they installed the client for “Just me” instead of “Everyone”
[SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]#!ok=a0481c7ef9cd #AD=1 #ADDom=domain #ADOU= #ADUser=mydomain\mydomainuser#ADPass=encryptedpassword[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]I changed the results for security reasons, but I can confirm the domain and user were correct[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
try going to [url]http://<fog-server-ip>/fog/service/hostname.php?mac=<mac[/url] address of host> and let me know what you get
Ok, I double checked the HostNameChange on the server using Microsoft Visual Studio Express, the client name is still updating however I am still unable to join it to the domain… This is what the log is showing now
5/28/2014 10:00 AM FOG::HostnameChanger Unknown error, module will exit.
5/28/2014 10:00 AM FOG::HostnameChanger Host name was not found in the database.
I also tried removing the client from FOG and re-imaging like it was a brand new PC, however still the same result
I also tried generating an encrypted password with the default config.ini, same result
I think I found this here [url]http://www.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php?title=Managing_FOG[/url]
Am I understanding correctly, I should recompile the hostnamechanger.dll?
I guess I’m not that familiar with the hostnamechanger.dll, is that something I can change?
My guess to the problem?
The password salt you used (changed in config.ini) is not what the HostnameChanger.dll file is expecting.
This is the log from the client
5272014 449 PM FOGHostnameChanger AD mode requested, confirming settings.
5272014 449 PM FOGHostnameChanger Padding is invalid and cannot be removed.
5272014 449 PM FOGHostnameChanger at System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransform.DecryptData(Byte inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount, Byte& outputBuffer, Int32 outputOffset, PaddingMode paddingMode, Boolean fLast)
at System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransform.TransformFinalBlock(Byte inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount)
at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at FOG.FOGCrypt.decrypt(Byte cipherData, Byte Key, Byte IV)
at FOG.FOGCrypt.decryptHex(String hex)