Upgrading from .32 to 1.0.1 experience

• I am running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I found from further searching that I needed to have a 64bit kernel for 1.0.1. Thought that was referring to the OS that I was imaging. At the time most were 32bit so that was what I tried using. I got it to work with the newest 64bit kernel.

To get the machines to PXE boot I needed to change my DHCP 67 from pxelinux.0 to undionly.kpxe so it could use iPXE.

The next thing I found I had to do was go into all my images from the web interface and choose the right OS again and hit update. This fixed the Kernel panic - not syncing : vfs: unable to mount root fs on unkown-block(1.0).

The other issue I discovered is the reports are not working. If I try to get a inventory report the window just goes blank, I just hit the back button to get back to the list of reports again. I had to change the Web Server settings. I left FOG_WEB_ROOT at /fog/ setting. I had to change FOG_REPORTS_DIR from ./reports/ to management/reports/ to get it to work.

• Developer

the kernel refers to a part of the fog system that is used for creating and deploying images. fog uses a 64bit kernel now, for hosts that support 64bit. this does not require any changes to the hosts being imaged.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.