Defaultmember is open but has recently failed unable to determine best node for transfer fog server

• I have imaged one batch of laptops with no issue.
    Today I tried again and get the following error though nothing has changed.

[QUOTE]defaultmember is open but has recently failed unable to determine best node for transfer fog server[/QUOTE]

what could be causing this problem?

• Developer

[quote=“Petrus4, post: 25133, member: 23409”]still no luck. may have to backup and re-install the server. What is the best Ubuntu OS version to install 0.32 on?[/quote]

I use 10, 11, 12, 13 all seem to be good and stable… I would stay away from the older versions though as they are no longer in development.

I prefer the gnome desktop variant opposed to that Unity crap! Of course that is preference :)

• still no luck. may have to backup and re-install the server. What is the best Ubuntu OS version to install 0.32 on?

• Senior Developer

run these commands;
    [code]
    touch /images/{.mntcheck,/dev/.mntcheck}
    chmod 777 -R /images[/code]

• Tried this: truncate table nfsFailures but now luck. Any other ideas on what could be causing this?

Initially I get
    [QUOTE] mount: 10.0.0.17:/images failed, reason given by server : Permission denied [/QUOTE]
    strange because nothing has changed on the server and everything checks out! I can also not nfs mount from another computer, get the same error message.

• Senior Developer

If you must,

remove the failures from the nfsFailures table in the database: Maybe try:
    [code]truncate table nfsFailures[/code]

• rebooting server is of no help.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.