PxE confusion

• I have setup FOG Server 0.32 on Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 & configured my Active Directory and DHCP properly.

I can PxE boot just fine from the machines I’ve tested into the FOG menu.

Here is the weird:

I have a system that did not complete imaging due to an external drive being connected to it (doh! - forgot to unplug it after moving the unattend.xml to the sysprep folder).
    This system failed to image due to the drive being enormous (2TB external - while the FOG server has about 500gb right now).
    What is incredibly strange… is that each time I boot this system, the PxE boot takes it back into attempting to upload it’s image. No Menu - just attempts to re-run the job EVERY time.
    I can verify that there are no active tasks. The image that I was going to capture no longer exists (I removed it) - the HOST does not even exist in the system any longer.

Is there anything I can do to “reset” to the normal PxE menu? Also… I am not terribly familiar w/ PxE in general… is this something where the packets or PxE cached a job & will not release it due to never hitting a “complete” or a “return”.

Thanks - FOG sure is interesting so far!

• Developer

Glad I could help, and thank you for using the search button!

That’s my oldest Daughter in the picture, my girl snapped a picture of us once while we were napping :)

• [quote=“Jaymes Driver, post: 24691, member: 3582”]look on your fog server in the folder /tftpboot/ look for files that match the mac address of your machine and delete the file, you should then be able to boot into the pxe menu normally.[/quote]

Thank you sir - I have found the file, removed it & everything appears to be normal again.

I dug through the forms a little bit & also the solution here: [url]http://fogproject.org/forum/threads/fog-newbie-trying-to-fix-this-automatic-cloning-state.10110/[/url]

I wasn’t exactly sure of the terminology involved…

Your picture looks like me last night w/ my son! Hahah!

Thanks again for your help!

• Developer

look on your fog server in the folder /tftpboot/ look for files that match the mac address of your machine and delete the file, you should then be able to boot into the pxe menu normally.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.