E6440 Full host registration problems

• I have a Dell E6440 I am trying to register so I can make an image but after selecting “Full Host Registration” the process does not complete and just hangs. I have a picture attached, and here are some specs.

the latest Fog .32 is installed
    Ubunt 12
    Kernel verison 3.11
    The laptop did have extra applications but even using a stock out of box one seems to have issues

Also unrelated maybe but my server admin was seeing how we can get the latest bzImage?

[url="/_imported_xf_attachments/0/553_E6440.jpg?:"]E6440.jpg[/url]

• Developer

yes. Tom keeps this kernel up to date.

• is this the latest kernel?

• Developer

Back up your old bzImage. located /tftpboot/fog/kernel/bzImage.

Change it to bzImage.OLD or something similar.

Download the new bzImage from [URL=‘https://mastacontrola.com/fogboot/kernel/bzImage’][COLOR=#737373]https://mastacontrola.com/fogboot/kernel/bzImage[/COLOR][/URL]

put the new bzImage in the /tftpboot/fog/kernel/ folder.

• Having the same problem with a Lenovo.

How do you use a different kernel?

• Developer

If it is the kernel from Tom’s Website it is the version I mentioned, thank you for letting us know it works!

Version 3.13.4

• Sorry I am not sure of the version, I know its newer than 3.8.8 but in Tom’s reply the version was not mentioned. I tried posting the link to the post but it is showing as spam. So do a search and type in this exact phrase

[SIZE=6][B]Dell Latitude E7240 - Cannot register[/B][/SIZE]

That person had the same issue I did with an E7240 and the updated kernel that was suggested to him helped me out too

• Developer

If you don’t mind my asking, which kernel did you use? Tom Elliot keeps some kernels up to date, I think the latest he has out was the 3.13.4

If you let me know which kernel you used, I can post the fix on the wiki.

• Never mind, found a different Kernal on another post which also fixed my problem with the E6440

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.