Netgear GS724T Switches

• WE have several Netgear GS724T switches that unicast just fine up to 23 clients at a wonderfull 1gib/min, now if i multicast with these switches the speed drops to 300mib/min… i see nothing about mutli-cast short of the storm control… as its explained in the help on the router web interface its to stop flooding of packets… and not what i am looking for… Can someone possibly lend me a hand with getting this working? do i need jumbo frames enabled?

• @chad-bisd, post: 14605, member: 18 said:

You may have to configure multicast groups/preferences in the switch. We use DLINK DGS-3120 POE series switches, and they had some advanced settings for making Multicast work for some other applications.

A few things to note about multicast. They only go as fast as the slowest client, and I believe use a lot more memory on the server as the image is decompressed on the server before being sent out to all the clients.

all our machines are brand new Dell latitude 3330’s with Identical spec’s and all imaged perfectly with unicast. I am not sure our switches truly support multicast. Despite Netgear claiming they do.

You may have to configure multicast groups/preferences in the switch. We use DLINK DGS-3120 POE series switches, and they had some advanced settings for making Multicast work for some other applications.

A few things to note about multicast. They only go as fast as the slowest client, and I believe use a lot more memory on the server as the image is decompressed on the server before being sent out to all the clients.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.