Multiple snap-ins with same file

• Hello,
    I have following question. I need to create four different snap-ins, with same executable, but different command line arguments. Is it possible to create a snap-in without an upload, just enter a path to an already existing file and specify command line args? I could probably create four snap-ins with custom executable names, upload some dummy files to the server, and then manually replace those dummies with soft (or hard, if necessary) links to the real executable, but I would like to avoid such hacks. Is there some legal way to do this? Thanks.
    (Sorry in case I’m asking an already answered question. I tried to search forums, but failed to find any info on this.)

• Yes, that was another idea I have considered after posting my question - to use simple batch files for individual snap-ins, put the main executable on easily accessible samba share and manage different command line arguments from those batch files. Definitely a cleaner approach than my original symlinking idea :-) Thanks a lot for your response, it definitely helped me to solve my problem.

• Testers

You could just create a CMD script with the commands you need to run and upload that as the snapin. You can either do one script with 4 commands or 4 scripts depending on how you need the tasks to run or if you ever need to run any of the commands separately. I personally put in a loop to check if the script has created a certain file before exiting, this helps with running commands in a certain order and letting the script rerun if it is interrupted.

I am attaching an example of one of the scripts use as a template to make my snaips. Feel feel to use it and change it up, it is a good guide and starting point. Just make sure that you save it as either as .bat or .cmd before using.

script.txt

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.