After mysql root passwort reset no login and webgui available

• Hey everyone! got a problem because all my passwords are gone after two months of not using our great fog server -.-
    So at first i reset all user passwords on the fog ubuntu server for root / fog and the user i created on installation with recovery console

after that i use this MYSQL Root password reset tutorial:
    [url]http://cubiclegeneration.com/linux-help/reset-the-root-mysql-password-on-ubuntu-10-04[/url]

and finaly after getting my mysql root password back i try to login into webgui but it doesnt work and i do this one from the fog wiki:
    [url]http://www.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php?title=Reset_WebUI_FOG_password[/url]

so every password is back in my brain (and now somwhere on paper :) )

now i get a nice message like “[SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]Unable to connect to database.”[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]so what are now the changes i have to do? :)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#000000]thank you for your support and this great server[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• update: i use this how to but nothing changed…did i have to change the usernamen from fog to admin as well?

[url]http://www.fogproject.org/wiki/index.php/Unable_to_connect_to_TFTP[/url]

the other thing is every changed password is now in cleartext visible?!

• Thank you so much!so apparently i changed the user to admin?! i realy shouldnt setup server in the late night :)
    mmh now if i want to deploy an image it says:
    "[CENTER][SIZE=16px][FONT=Ubuntu][COLOR=#333333]Unable to connect to tftp server."[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=16px][FONT=Ubuntu][COLOR=#333333]so there are maybe several files where i have to change the password too…can you help me with that also? :)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

• Did you rename the WebUI account to admin? It looks like you just need to change the WebUI password reset from:
    [CODE]UPDATE users SET uPass = MD5(‘password’) WHERE uName = ‘fog’;[/CODE]
    to:
    [CODE]UPDATE users SET uPass = MD5(‘password’) WHERE uName = ‘admin’;[/CODE]

• its a bit hard to give everything 1 to 1 back because fog is running at an esxi in VM

there is only one entry with uID 1 and uName admin uPass “hash” uCreateDate 0000-00-00 00:00:00

is it possible that the first tutorial something broke??

• Hmmmm…

What do you get from running:
    [CODE]SELECT * FROM users;[/CODE]

• [quote=“BryceZ, post: 12877, member: 2”]Yeah, that sounds like there is a problem with the syntax. Could you paste a copy of the commands you used and their output?[/quote]
    mysql> UPDATE users SET uPass = MD5(‘password’) WHERE uName = ‘fog’;
    Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
    Rows matched: 0 Changed: 0 Warnings: 0

thats it!

after that an flush und a quit

• Yeah, that sounds like there is a problem with the syntax. Could you paste a copy of the commands you used and their output?

• mmh tryed it with a wrong password and its the same, after reset the the webui password again i recognize that it gives me back: rows matched:0 changed:0 warnings:0
    this should be more like 1 1 0 or?

• The only time I’ve ever encountered a blank refresh of the login page is from attempting to login without a password. What happens if you try to put in an incorrect password? You might want to reset the WebUI password just to be certain.

• no, message, nothing it trows me back on the login site with blank fields

• I’d suggest resetting the WebUI password, but you said you already did that. What sort of message does it give you when you try to log in?

• Thanks the WebUI is back online but i still can’t log in?! any ideas?

• Check /var/www/fog/commons/config.php on your FOG server to make sure MYSQL_PASSWORD matches with the new password.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.