Fogcrypt crashes

• Whenever I try to run Fogcrypt, it crashes with a windows error. The file with the password gets created, but Fog doesn’t like it. I’m on an old fog (0.30) awaiting 0.33. Is the old one known for this? Can I get a newer one?

Thanks,

• Downloaded and unpacked the newest Fog to get Fogcrypt and it works. Thanks to everyone for their helpful suggestions.

• I believe you have to turn on .net 3.0 so that it installs 2.0 in add remove windows features. I think most of Fog’s windows programs were built in .net 2 or 2.5. If you turn on the features for 3 it adds this backward compatibility.

• Idid run the Ninite updater recently and it said all the plugins were up to date. Knowing that, I’ll try it on a fresh build where I know everything is current. Thanks for the tip!

I think FogCrypt requires .NET. I’m not sure which versions, but you might try the .NET verifier tool and make sure you have 2, 3, 3.5, or 4 working and see if FOGCrypt will work for you.

• Tried different computer and elevated command prompt and still get the attached

fogerr.png

• Try running it from an elevated command prompt or try another computer. Running version 0.29, not had that issue.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.