Problem deploying snap in

• Hello every body!

I’ve got a problem, snapin stay status “in progress” but don’t start on the client. I have installed the fog client, attached host to a snapin,go to task management bla bla bla… and after wait 10 min, nothing happens.

(for the snapin, adobe reader x, with this link [url]http://fogproject.org/forum/threads/how-to-make-a-simple-snapin-start-to-finish.304/[/url])

Anybody have a idea?

Thx a lot

• [quote=“ChrisG, post: 11916, member: 2515”]If you disable the service it will not pull the snapin. You are correct. The service must stay enabled otherwise it does not know it has a task waiting. When you say interactive message do you mean it prompts to install?[/quote]

Thanks you all of you!

I was the problem. When i create the sfx *.exe archive, i wanted to see the self extraction. In fact, if windows have not any message to display, it does not show anything.
    Also, i confirm the service “interactive message” [B]MUST[/B] be actived.
    Ps: I’m french, and I speak english like a spanish cow :) lool

• See if this helps, [url]http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/disable-the-interactive-services-dialog-detection/ca139ba9-c96c-49af-bc09-83abc26f3f5d[/url]

Seems like they are done using this and you can disable the service that makes them pop up.

• If you disable the service it will not pull the snapin. You are correct. The service must stay enabled otherwise it does not know it has a task waiting. When you say interactive message do you mean it prompts to install?

• Hello Jason,

Thank you really munch. You’re right, i’ve something in c:\Program Files\Fog\tmp. It takes time, but it’s ok. I’m deploying windows 7.and new problem.

When i push a snapin server>client, on the client, i’ve got a interactive message. I disabled the service, but when i do that, snapin never come.

Anybody?

And Jason: thanks for takes time to reply ;) "but never say anything to people helping?!?! "

• Ok first off I have to say to atoms… why post a question and have people reply, but never say anything to people helping!!! Second off, Abadie, if you go into the computer that you are trying to put the snap-in on and go into c:\Program Files\Fog\tmp is there anything in that folder? If so then the snap-in is copying and sometimes it just takes awhile. If it isn’t then go to the root drive just c:\ and is there a fog.log? If so open it and see if there is anything about the snap-in agent running. It should tell if there is something there, if not then you may need to make sure in c:\Program Files\Fog\etc\ that the config.ini has the server information correct for the snap-ins. For a 64-Bit version of Windows this will be c:\Program Files (x86)\Fog\etc. See if this helps…

• I would like to complete then, the client is windows 7, and i disable the service “interactive message”, the version of the fog server is fog 0.32 with ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.