NFS host unreachable through VLAN

• Hello all,

I have made a few changes to my FOG server like ip-based virtual hosting in Apache and replacing vsftpd with pure-ftpd for use of puredb users. Regardless of this not being a stock setup, I am able to use FOG in VLAN1 (10.88.88.x) successfully, yet unable to do anything with other VLANS configured on my Cisco switch/router.

Windows DHCP is set up to provide the information for PXEBOOT and helper-addresses are set up on both the switch and the router to see my DHCP server and the FOG server, but I am receiving an NFS host unreachable error when the FOG splash screen appears on any computer inside the other VLANs.

I am not sure what is causing this issue and I am perplexed considering VLAN computers boot through PXE properly and connect to my FOG server. I am guessing there’s a critical step I’m missing in order to get it to resolve NFS storage, which is why I am posting here today.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks!

• Hmm, I guess everything’s forwarded correctly considering I was able to mount it using a random fedora live-cd:
    [LEFT][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RgdIyzp.png[/IMG][/LEFT]

Maybe an issue with the kernel? with the debug option when pxebooting, can you manually mount NFS for testing?

You probably need to make sure nfs traffic is allowed between VLAN’s. You can try a linux client on one of the other vlan’s and try to mount the /images export from the FOG server and see if you are successful. If not, it’s probably a network security issue and not a FOG configuration issue.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.