Problem using PXE with Lenovo USB Adapter

• We have recently set up a Fog 32 server on Ubuntu 11.10. I’m attempting to capture an image from a Lenovo X1 Carbon via Lenovo’s USB 2.0 Ethernet adapter (p/n 0867708). The laptop USB adapter successfully boots off the PXE Image but when I check FOG Compatablity is states that Network … [ fail ]. “Try using a newer kernel that may be compatable with this device.” I went to the interface and downloaded 3.6.9 and rebooted. Fog Compatablity now shows Network … [pass]. I noticed that when I try doing imaging I see error “acerhdf: unknown (unsupported) BIOS version LENOVO/34609WU/G6ET90WW (2.50 ), please report, aborting!”

Is this critical?

• [quote=“Musoni, post: 15873, member: 14999”]I too am having the same issues with the carbons. Have you had any luck moving forward? What corrected the locked driver issue?[/quote] Yes, we had some carbons with a bad motherboard (sorry I’m not sure exactly what was bad about the motherboard). We also had a some board USB network adapters - this was very frustrating - but we finally got the carbons out the door. If I were to do this again I would order a couple extra USB network adapters.

• [quote=“Ted Laurent, post: 11386, member: 3633”]Got the windows 8 image captured. Applied image to different laptop. Now laptop says it needs windows repair. When repair. Is attempted get message that drive is locked. I am starting hate these laptops on a personal level.[/quote]
    I too am having the same issues with the carbons. Have you had any luck moving forward? What corrected the locked driver issue?

• Got the windows 8 image captured. Applied image to different laptop. Now laptop says it needs windows repair. When repair. Is attempted get message that drive is locked. I am starting hate these laptops on a personal level.

The acerhdf message is not important. It’s just trying to load a driver for a device that is not in your system.

Where are you stuck now?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.