ATA error

• Uploading an image on Windows 7 I get passed the first partition and when it starts the second one, I get to a certain point and it says this… HELP[ATTACH=full]282[/ATTACH]

[url="/_imported_xf_attachments/0/282_IMG-20130322-00018.jpg?:"]IMG-20130322-00018.jpg[/url]

• I ran check disc, have decided that this is a bad hard drive, the scan did fix some bad sectors but the image will still not upload, this HDD had problems when it came into my office, so I am trying to pull of a fresh reformat with windows 7 and it is still stopping at one spot. Thanks for you help!

From within Windows, run the drive error-check tool and tell it to scan for a fix bad sectors. It will make you schedule the disk scan for after the next reboot.

• It has to be a bad file, because the errors always kick in at the same spot in the upload, but I am not experienced enough to figure out what file it could be

• Well I ran SeaTools and something strange happened, when I accepted the license agreement after booting from the CD it began to search for drives to scan, and then just quit and started windows normally…

I was researching the DRDY err and someone suggested getting a bootable CD/usb stick and using e2fsck to see if you have bad blocks. If you have a spare HDD, you can try that to eliminate your FOG setup as a problem and you can check the other disk later.

• I’ll give it a try

I think it means your disk is dirty. har har.

Use a bootable disk utility like SeaTools for DOS, gparted, etc, to inspect the desk for errors and try again.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.