Performing Client Quick Image / Quick Registration Hangs

• Hi,

I am having an issue with the client hanging after specifying any of the Client Pxe Boot options:

[FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]I did manage now to pxe boot the client, and[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]get the FOG menu. I changed the MENU password in the[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]pxelinux.cfg/default file from some auto hash password to ‘password’ (because initially when prompted for a password, it wouldn’t work, and looking at the default file seemed to indicate requiring a different password)[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]and made the other changes in the WebUI->otherInformation Settings to[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]get tftp set up. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]Now when I press on quick image or Quick Registry and[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]Hardware Inventory, it proceeds to load init.gz and bzImage. I get the[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]ready message, and then it seems to sort of stall there. [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]I tried a different kernel (2.6.37) because I thought it may be a ethernet driver issue not being recognized (came up in a different thread), and updated the default file again, but [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]still the same problem. I should note that I am using fog 0.32, and modified the init.gz file to not require username/password as mentioned here by hand: [/COLOR][/FONT]
    [url]http://www.fogproject.org/wiki/index.phptitle=Modifying_the_Init_Image[/url][FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222].[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]Any ideas, or suggestions?[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]Malek[/COLOR][/FONT]

• If you have an ATI/AMD graphics card in your computer, try setting “nomodeset” under “Host Kernel Arguments” in Host Management.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.