HELP Problem DHCP - Ubuntu 18.04

@ultralivre ok no problem I make a mistake not -V but -v. What version number did it the command make?

• @george1421

Desculpe, eu havia rodando o comando “sudo dnsmasq -v” e havia obtido resposta, me equivoquei quanto a instalação.

Agora deu certo.

Vou testar aqui !

@ultralivre I think maybe you missed step #2 in the tutorial. I did not give the exact command to install dnsmasq because each distro is a little different. You need to run this command to install dnsmasq in ubuntu apt install dnsmasq

Then run the command dnsmasq -V to get the version of dnsmasq. It must be 2.75 or later

• @george1421
    Olá, criei o arquivo conforme você orientou, porém deu erro ao iniciar o dnsmasq !

fog.jpg

@ultralivre Your main dhcp server is a Palo Alto firewall. OK then I have a solution for you. I will have you install dnsmasq on your FOG server. With my configuration dnsmasq will only give pxe boot information. Your main dhcp server gives everything else. When you turn off the FOG server dnsmasq will also turn off and no pxe boot information will be given. The dnsmasq configuration will support both bios and uefi based computers.

Here are the instructions: https://forums.fogproject.org/topic/12796/installing-dnsmasq-on-your-fog-server

It takes about 10 minutes to install.

Understand dnsmasq works on the current VLAN where the FOG server will be connected. If you want the FOG server to give out pxe boot information for other vlans there is a small change needed to your dhcp-relay / helper service that runs on your vlan router.

Warning: Since you are running ubuntu 18.04 make sure your dnsmasq program is 2.75 or later to make the configuration work.

• @george1421 Sim tenho um servidor DHCP principal é um firewall Palo Alto ele tem um cabo para um switch core que distribui a rede e as VLANS para outros switchs, em um destes switchs (Vlan) encontra-se o FOG, que esta agindo como um servidor DHCP também !

@ultralivre Sorry I have to answer in english here.

So you did have 2 dhcp servers on your network. One is FOG and one your main dhcp server? I understand why you have a problem.

What device is your main dhcp server? Is it windows dhcp or something else?

We have a solution that you can use without breaking your primary dhcp server. But I need to find out how your network is configured.

It is ok for you to answer in your native language, I will do the same.

Users

Topics