.mntcheck

• Hello everyone. I am having an issue when creating an image. I boot up to the part where it states mounting file system and it hangs and reboots. I have tried all the suggestions ie touch /images/.mntcheck but when I do that nothing happens ( i hit enter and it just goes to the next line in the terminal). I am running Ubuntu desktop 10.04. I have given all permissions to the fog user. It can read/write files. I just have looked everywhere and see nothing that says mntcheck. Any suggestions or furhter assistance would be very appreciated.

Thanks
    Rocco

view hidden files:

ls -a

ls -al

ll

• Rocco,

Just had this problem myself and found the answer when searching for something else.

There is nothing to see when creating the file, i.e. no feedback is given. It’s also a hidden file anyway and I couldn’t see how to display hidden files using ls in a terminal window so I went back to the gui. Once I’d set it to view hidden files as well, .mntcheck was visible. I tried creating another image and this time it mounted /images/dev without problems and the image was created quite quickly.

Ta,

Paul.

• Thanks for the speedy replies!

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.