GRUB issues/Reboot loop

• Hello,

I have been trying for some time now to get FOG to copy an image of Ubuntu or Debian over the other one. I can deploy an image of the same OS to itself with no problem. When I try to write Ubuntu over the Debian install, or Debian over the Ubuntu, then it says “Grub Loading.” (on Debian) or just gets stuck in a reboot loop.

I guessed some MBR data may be left over, so I tried to do a quick wipe, then deploy Debian again, and it simply does the “Grub Loading.” again, but this time also gets stuck in a reboot loop.

I am pretty sure there is a GRUB issue here, because I can deploy to the same setup, just not when I change it.

Do you have any suggestions? Or do I need to make any alterations to GRUB or such before I upload the images?

Thanks for your assistance,
    Marcus.

• Hello every body,
    Sorry for my english, i come from Marseille (France)
    I’ve got the same problem. After pushing the image to the corresponding host, the host is starting, boot on the pxe, i see all information about the computer and then, restart…

It do that on a dell latitude 5500. I would like to do unicast. I’m trying to download Windows 7 x86.

I’m using ubuntu 14.04 Fresh install 4 days, fog server 1.2.0

Any idea?

Thanks

• Using grub-legacy solve my problem, thx Fernando.

I’ve just use this live cd :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/boot-repair-cd/

With this options : remove grub2 and install grub legacy.

All works fine, reboot, up new image, and down on all our PC.

• I will try the grub-legacy instead of grub2 option, it was the next i have to do.

i’ll tell you results.

• Developer

• I have the same problem, deploy linux images of ubunutu 11x or 12 (the upload work fine).

after task complete the pc reboot constantly.

If i repair the mbr with an boot repair live cd, pc works fine.

But i have too many pc to deploy …

I still investigating this forum to find solutions.

(serveur on ubuntu 12.04 x64, fog v 0.32, kernel 3.x or kitchensink based on linux kernel 3.6)

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.