Full Registration glitch, cannot type hostname for this computer.

• I just installed Fog 1.5.7 on Ubuntu 18.04 lts

When I try to do a full host registration on a PC everything launches fine no errors, when it gets to
    *Starting host registration
    *Enter hostname for this computer : _

the cursor just sits there and blinks
    I cannot type a thing in this.

When I try to do a quick host registration and then select the host and prenamed image to be captured. I get unable to locate image store /bin/fog.download

Could something be going on with the hardware I’m using? When I installed Ubuntu I just partitioned the whole disk. No LVM.

Is there a work around to this?

@tech49 said in Full Registration glitch, cannot type hostname for this computer.:

When I try to do a quick host registration and then select the host and prenamed image to be captured.

Registration allows deployment of an image, not capture.

For capture, issue a capture task for the now registered host in the WebUI.

• Developer

@tech49 said in Full Registration glitch, cannot type hostname for this computer.:

the cursor just sits there and blinks
    I cannot type a thing in this.

Please tell us more about the hardware you see this on - not the FOG server hardware but the host you want to register. We have seen models where USB keyboard is not working…

… image to be captured. I get unable to locate image store /bin/fog.download

That doesn’t make sense. Capture is not fog.download! Probably you don’t have an image in /images on your FOG server and it fails because of that?!

• HAH~

I swapped out the asus keyboard out with a dell keyboard and it worked…

Users

Topics