GRUB2 solution for dual boot image ( Windows/ Ubuntu)

• @Sebastian-Roth I know it is open source and it’s not a product, my mistake :)

• I’ll post an image tomorrow, but in general three partitions : GPT (first one 100Mb efi for grub2, second one Windows , third one Linux ext4 )
    The image was captured like Other and I tried like Linux .
    In both cases when I deploy the image I see on the screen just the command prompt for grub like this:
    grub>
    All partitions are there but grub doesn’t know what to do I think.

@marted said in GRUB2 solution for dual boot image ( Windows/ Ubuntu):

When I deploy an image it hangs on grub.

Yes I think an clear picture taken with a mobile of the error screen should help a lot. FOG doesn’t care about files or applications. Its a block level data mover much like clonezilla. FOG doesn’t know the difference between grub or vi.

Its possible that having the image identified as windows, linux, or other is causing the problem. On a functioning system can you run these commands from the linux command prompt?

lsblk
    df -h
    This one is going to print several lines of data.
    fdisk -l

If you use putty to connect to the linux target computer using ssh you will be able to copy and paste text into this forum easier. It is important to see the layout of your disk structure for this dual boot system.

• Developer

@marted said in GRUB2 solution for dual boot image ( Windows/ Ubuntu):

When I deploy an image it hangs on grub.

Please be more clear on what you mean by that. Best if you can take a picture of where it hangs/spits out an error and post that here!

I’m happy with your product :).

I hope you know FOG is not a commercial product. We are a community driven open source project. :-)

Users

Topics