All disk capture unable to deployed to two larger disks

• I took the capture of a Windows 10 system with a 40gb primary hard drive and a 10gb data drive. It appears that if I deploy this image to a machine that has the same sized disks, the deployment is successful. However, when trying to deploy this image to a machine that has larger disks (50gb/20gb), the deploy fails.

When capturing an all disks image, is it only possible to deploy to a machine with the same size disks?fog1.JPG
    fog2.JPG

• Developer

@samdoan said in All disk capture unable to deployed to two larger disks:

Deploying the image to a destination system with multiple disks that are larger than the source system fails.

From the error message you posted I am not sure it’s fails because of the disks being larger.

Please check the files in your images directory on the FOG server /images/2DriveTest to see if you have files named .size in there.

ls -al /images/2DriveTest

EDIT: Taking a closer look at the scripts I see that we have a bug in those. The size information of the disks was added to the “multiple disk” mode because we were trying to help someone using two NVMe drives that would swap position on every boot (just a thing with NVMe drives).

Let me see… I think as a quick fix you should be able to make it work by removing the size information files.

mv /images/2DriveTest/*.size /tmp

Then try deploying the image again.

• In my case both the source and destination systems have multiple disks.

Deploying the image to a destination system with multiple disks that are the same size as the source system works.

Deploying the image to a destination system with multiple disks that are larger than the source system fails.

The source system for the image has a 40gb disk and a 10gb disk. The error in the screenshot occurs when I try to deploy to a destination system that has a 50gb disk and a 20gb disk.

So does this system have multiple disks? I’m seeing references to sda and sdb in the picture. In theory you can setup a single disk non-resizable and deploy a 40GB to a larger disk no problem, you will just not be able to use any of the space beyond the 40GB of the original disk (said knowing you can extend the partition in Windows after the fact).But I think what is getting mixed up is either the source or destination system has multiple disks. On the source are you capturing more than one drive? Does the destination system have the same number of drives and all of the drives are the same (exact) size or larger?

Users

Topics