FOGPingHosts Different Subnets (Location Plugin)

• Much appreciated. Thanks!

• Developer

@markbam My fault. Somehow I had root in my head but actually meant fogstorage. If you can connect on the command line using those credentials there might be actually a bug in FOGPingHosts. I will try to replicate the issue and see what I can find in the next days.

• I am unable to connect to mysql as root. However, if I change the user to match the config.class.php user information “fogstorage”, it connects.
    mysql -h x.x.x.x -u fogstorage -p xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Everything else with my setup has been working correctly. It’s just the FOGPingHosts job that doesn’t seem to want to connect.

• Developer

@markbam Not expected but I can’t tell you for sure which version of FOG had this properly working. Storage node and location plugin setup is something we as developers don’t get to test very often and so we rely on people like you who report things. Thanks!

Please check the database connection information you find in /var/www/html/fog/lib/fog/config.class.php on you storage node. Are you able to connect using those credentials on the command line? mysql -h x.x.x.x -u root -p?

Users

Topics