Activate Windows 10 via FOG agent

• Hello,
    We have got a problem with automatic activation via FOG.
    Log from client says something about “Hostname Changer isn´t active” but is a active in settings.
    Login in to domain was succeded but activeted not.

• @kralon @Sebastian-Roth

I force the windows 10 activation on Windows 10 Pro with a script like this Script. It’s Writed thinking in WindowsUpdate disabled.
    It Works to me on all License Types, except LV’s that is not tested.

If (-NOT ([Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal][Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent()).IsInRole([Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole] "Administrator"))
    {  
    $arguments = "& '" + $myinvocation.mycommand.definition + "'"
    Start-Process powershell -Verb runAs -ArgumentList $arguments
    Break
    }
    # License
    $serviceName  = "wuauserv"
    $hostinfoFile = "c:\nntt\hostinfo.txt" # this is the hostinfo file downloaded from the postdownload
    $COAProductKeyPattern = "(?<=hostproductkey=).*"
    $COAProductKey = Select-String -Path $hostinfoFile -Pattern $COAProductKeyPattern | ForEach-Object {$_.Matches.Value -Replace "'",""}
    $BIOSProductKey = (get-wmiObject -query 'select * from SoftwareLicensingService').OA3xOriginalProductKey.Trim()

Set-Service -Name $serviceName -StartupType Manual
    Start-Sleep -s 5
    Start-Service -InputObject $serviceName
    (Get-Service -InputObject $serviceName).WaitForStatus('Running')

If ($BIOSProductKey) { Invoke-Expression -Command "changepk.exe /productkey $BIOSProductKey" }
    ElseIf ($COAProductKey) { Invoke-Expression -Command "changepk.exe /productkey $COAProductKey" }
    Invoke-Expression -Command "$env:SYSTEMROOT\System32\cscript.exe //B $env:SYSTEMROOT\system32\slmgr.vbs /ato"

Start-Sleep -s 10
    Stop-Service -InputObject $serviceName
    (Get-Service -InputObject $serviceName).WaitForStatus('Stopped')
    Start-Sleep -s 5
    Set-Service -Name $serviceName -StartupType Disabled
    Start-Sleep -s 5
    # End License

• Developer

@kralon You can manually run the things done by the fog-client to see if it produces an error message - open a command shell as Administrator and run:

cscript /B /Nologo C:\Windows\System32\slmgr.vbs /ipk V8DTR-W46H2-.....-.....-.....
    cscript /B /Nologo C:\Windows\System32\slmgr.vbs /ato

• Developer

@Sebastian-Roth said in Activate Windows 10 via FOG agent:

Windows has correct key but is not licensed

Well, is your Windows activated?? Please open a command prompt as Administrator and run cscript /B /Nologo C:\Windows\System32\slmgr.vbs /xpr - take a picture of that and post here.

What happens in the fog-client code is that we call the official method SLIsGenuineLocal provided by MS system DLL to check activation status - see here. This is working for so many people and I am not sure why it would fail on your system.

• @Sebastian-Roth @Tom-Elliott I dont know its question for you.

• Developer

@Sebastian-Roth said in Activate Windows 10 via FOG agent:

Windows has correct key but is not licensed

Again, I am wondering what that means…

• @Tom-Elliott yes it is. key.PNG

• Senior Developer

@kralon is there a product key entered for that machine in the fog GUI?

• @Sebastian-Roth I saw it when i first time read the log. Now its okay.
    But Windows still don´t active.

• Developer

@kralon Where did you see anything in the logs about HostnameChanger not being active?? All I see is:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------HostnameChanger-------------------------------
     11.09.2019 12:36 Client-Info Client Version: 0.11.16
     11.09.2019 12:36 Client-Info Client OS:      Windows
     11.09.2019 12:36 Client-Info Server Version: 1.5.7.2
     11.09.2019 12:36 Middleware::Response Success
     11.09.2019 12:36 HostnameChanger Checking Product Key Activation
     11.09.2019 12:36 HostnameChanger Windows has correct key but is not licensed
     11.09.2019 12:36 WinActivation Installing Product key
     11.09.2019 12:36 HostnameChanger Checking Hostname
     11.09.2019 12:36 HostnameChanger Hostname is correct
     11.09.2019 12:36 HostnameChanger Attempting to join domain
     11.09.2019 12:36 HostnameChanger Host already joined to target domain

I am wondering about the message Windows has correct key but is not licensed but that doesn’t mean HostnameChanger module isn’t active!!

• @Sebastian-Roth fog.log Here is the full log from the client.

• Developer

@kralon Well then please post the fog-client log here. Not just the HostnameChanger part - at least 2 or 3 full checkin cycles of output from the log. Or even upload the full log!

• @Sebastian-Roth Here is picture of host setting. The hostname changer is active too.host.PNG

• Developer

@kralon said in Activate Windows 10 via FOG agent:

yeah, the First screen is host settings and the second screen is global settings of Fog.

No the first picture shows the general service settings! Go to Hosts -> edit specific host -> Tab “Service Settings” and make sure it has HostnameChanger enabled as well.

• @Quazz yeah, the First screen is host settings and the second screen is global settings of Fog.

@kralon Can you also check the specific host (or hosts) page and see if it’s active in their settings too?

• client.PNG settings.PNG

• Developer

@kralon said in Activate Windows 10 via FOG agent:

Log from client says something about “Hostname Changer isn´t active” but is a active in settings.

Is it active in the host’s settings as well? Please post pictures of your settings in the web UI.

Users

Topics