Multicast crashing network
i’m going to try to describe this the best that i can but there are a LOT of details
- I have a fully working fog server now thanks to ([URL=‘http://fogproject.org/forum/members/maltobelli.2746/’][SIZE=11px]maltobelli[/SIZE][/URL])
- gigabit network on a 48 port switch with a second room hooked up to it (about 80 computers)
- Windows DHCP
- T110 computers and something else in the other room
When i deploy a multicast to just 2 computers it starts sending and transferring at 4.5 Gigs a minute.
- wireshark on the for server says it is send packets out on the ip on 184.108.40.206.69.
- wireshark on any other computer also shows packets being received on 220.127.116.11.
about 1 minutes into the transfer no one has network connectivity.
I unplug the Ethernet cable from the fog server and it takes about 5 minutes for the network to start working again.
Is there a solution for this. as in, is there a way to tell the fog server to only send the packets to the computers listed on the multicast list. and not sending it on 232.
if i need to describe anything else just post
okay will do.
I am not that experienced with multicasting, but I would check the settings on the switches to make sure multicast was setup properly.
oh i forgot to add. when the network crashes the fog transfer still works. but none of the other computers can communicate, at all.