Multicast crashing network

• i’m going to try to describe this the best that i can but there are a LOT of details

• I have a fully working fog server now thanks to ([URL=‘http://fogproject.org/forum/members/maltobelli.2746/’][SIZE=11px]maltobelli[/SIZE][/URL])
    • gigabit network on a 48 port switch with a second room hooked up to it (about 80 computers)
    • Windows DHCP
    • T110 computers and something else in the other room

When i deploy a multicast to just 2 computers it starts sending and transferring at 4.5 Gigs a minute.

• wireshark on the for server says it is send packets out on the ip on 232.192.168.155.69.
    • wireshark on any other computer also shows packets being received on 232.168.155.69.

about 1 minutes into the transfer no one has network connectivity.
    I unplug the Ethernet cable from the fog server and it takes about 5 minutes for the network to start working again.

Is there a solution for this. as in, is there a way to tell the fog server to only send the packets to the computers listed on the multicast list. and not sending it on 232.

if i need to describe anything else just post

• okay will do.

I am not that experienced with multicasting, but I would check the settings on the switches to make sure multicast was setup properly.

• oh i forgot to add. when the network crashes the fog transfer still works. but none of the other computers can communicate, at all.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to FOG Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.