[image capture fail] fog 1.5.5
Matdes last edited by
Hi i attempt to capture a new image from a win10 v 1903, but it’s failed!
image is ok because it deploy with no error on a computer.
But after adding new drivers and files, and execute sysprep, capture not run correctly!
Part clone fail, please check /var/log/partclone.log!
Failed to complete capture (savepartition)
args passed: /dev/sda3 1/ images/10e7c6add132 all
exit code: 1
maybe check the fog server to ensure disk space is good to go? => i have 394Go free space (41%)
kernel variables and settings:
loglevel=4 initrd=init.xz root=/dev/ram0 rw ramdisk_size=127000 web=http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/fog consoleblank=0 rootfstype=ext4 mac=10:e7:c6:type=up
can you help me?
@Matdes “check the fog server to ensure disk space is good to go” is not a very detailed error. Partclone doesn’t pass back the actual error to the calling program, only the capture failed. The FOG code tries its best to determine the root cause of the partclone capture failure, but some times it misses.
What we really need to see is the text that sprawls across the partclone screen when it errors out. To get this info please do the following.
- Schedule another capture task, but before you submit the capture task, tick the debug checkbox.
- Schedule the task
- PXE boot the target computer
- After several screens of text (where you need to hit enter to clear) you will be dropped to the FOS Linux command prompt.
- At the FOS Linux command prompt key in
fogThis will start the capture process in debug mode. At each breakpoint the code will stop waiting for you to press enter to go on to the next step. Somewhere when partclone is capturing partition 3 you will see this error.
- Take a clear picture of the sprawling text with a mobile phone and post the results here.
That text will actually be the root of why partclone can’t capture that partition.