Unable to register Host

• We have Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Fog 1.3.0 RC-37 SVN Revision: 6049. I am trying to setup Dell Optiplex 7760 all in One PC, windows 10 64 bits. I changed some BIOS setting in this PC and able to get PC to boot from NIC card. I received FOG menu and tried to register this HOST as “Perform Full Host Registration” from FOG menu. After few minutes, I got “Failed to get an IP via DHCP!” Tried on interfaces, Please check your network" message. After this message system rebooted. I am unable to register this host. I checked all BIOS menu and tried several different option but no luck. I will get same DHCP error. I checked all post since yesterday but unable to find answer. Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Thank you,

Old user.

• Sebastian,

I was able to Register Windows10 Host and it is working. What a fantastic jobs, all of you people are doing.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Olduser.

• Sebastian,

Fog was upgraded and it is working now. Thanks, for the help.

Olduser

• Sebastian,
    I already upgraded Ubuntu 16.04 and trying to update FOG from 1.3.0 to 1.5.6 as per WIKI Upgrading to trunk. I used SVN to upgrade from fog 32 to 1.30 via SVN but can’t remember how I did it?

Install GIT on Debian or Ubuntu
    sudo -i
    apt-get -y install git

Getting FOG
    Now that GIT is installed, you should be able to clone the FOG repository. Generally we recommend to put the repository inside of /root but if you’ve done this sort of thing before, put it wherever you want. Here’s how we clone FOG:

sudo -i
    cd /root
    git clone https://github.com/FOGProject/fogproject.git
    cd fogproject

GIT is asking for username and password. So I did look in GIT manual. I then use git clone ssh:github.com/FOGProject/fogproject.git .

GIT display fogproject already exist, so I changed ‘fogproject’ to ‘fogproject156’ but it did not worked. I am lost. Can you help please?

Thanks,

Olduser

• Senior Developer

@Olduser I’d suggest you update Ubuntu first. Make sure you have a full backup before you start just in case you hit any major issues. Update to 16.04 and possibly even to 18.04!

Make sure you read this as well: https://forums.fogproject.org/topic/10006/ubuntu-is-fog-s-enemy

After that update FOG - version 1.5.6 is the latest stable as of now.

• Sebastian,
    Thank you for your reply. I am planning to upgrade FOG 1.5.5. Do you think I should upgrade Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.XX?

Thanks,
    Olduser

• Senior Developer

@Olduser The FOG version you use is very old and I’d suggest you update to the latest official version first.

Users

Topics